Products and Services
SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
The major common domestic and international banking products and services that are provided to a wide range of customers of the Bank (private, public, cooperative, International Organizations, UN Agencies and NGOs, etc) include the following;
Domestic Banking Services
- Accepting all type of deposit with attractive interest rate.
- Providing term loans overdraft service and advance facilities to all sector of the economy.
- Issuing domestic letter of guarantees, bonds and etc.
Rendering Local money transfer services(Telegraphic/Mail transfer Blocking, and Normal/Special clearance)
Issuing payment instrument (cash payment order, demand draft, certified cheques, etc)
International Banking Services
- Import letter of credit Export letter of credit
- Cash Against Documents (CAD) or IBC
- Issuing and Accepting foreign letter of guarantees and bonds
- Foreign Money transfer service: from BOA via foreign draft to foreign banks and from foreign banks to BOA via swift
- Foreign exchange services: buying and selling foreign currency notes, foreign cheques and traveler cheques.
- Renders Remittance service of Western Union, Express Money, Ria International,Trans Fast and Dahabshil.
- Bank of Abyssinia has also first developed and provides the following peculiar services to its esteemed customers.
Special Savings Account – it is an interest earning saving accounts operated by check.
Youth–Targeted Savings Program – in this program the Bank jointly with parent or guardian deposits an equal amount of money for the youth concerned. This is designed to enable and motivate gifted and promising youths to go to accredited institutions of higher learning.
Gift Certificate- it is a type of account opened when on certain occasions, individuals or organizations deposit some amount of money in the bank in the name of a loved one as a gift.
Savings Account Linked with Current Account (SALCA) – It is a service that enables customers to transfer funds from one’s savings account to one’s current account; if and when the customer wants to write cheques at times when his /her current accounts has no sufficient balance.
On–Site Service – it is cash payment and collection services that the Bank renders to its customers at their place of work.
Safe Deposit Boxes- the service that the Bank provides totally secured and state of the art storage facilities for the valuables and documents of its customers.
Mobile Banking Services - The service that customers could get information from the Bank, make various transactions using their mobile phone 24 hours a day. This will greatly save the time and cost and facilitate customers business without visiting the Bank’s branch offices.
Card Banking Services - 24 hours branchless banking service for BOA Habesha Card holders (Habesha Gold Card, Habesha Debit Card and Habesha Prepaid Card) using its ATM and POS machines located at various Branches and big Business Centers in Addis Ababa and major regional cities.